Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Us in God's Glory

So I was feeling spiritually out of it today. When that is the case and I have the time (Thank God for slow morning at work) I like to read a large portion of scripture. Today I did 1 Thessalonians and 2 verses caught my eye, the second part of 1 Thessalonians 2:12 “God who calls you into His own kingdom and glory.” and 5:24 “He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.” The first verse because I was thinking that we hear a lot about entering into God kingdom but I don’t think I have heard much about entering into His glory. It immediately sounds like a good thing as my pride acknowledges it wants glory like or grater than God’s glory. Thankfully The Holy Spirit convicts reminding me that my own glory has no place in the kingdom of heaven. It is Gods glory we are called to not our own. I can imagine walking into a kingdom and it a stretch but I can even imagine getting caught up into the kingdom of God when the trumpet sounds, but glory, God’s glory? Exodus 33:20 comes to mind where God says “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.” This is might be on of those divine mysteries that we will only know when we get to “glory”. One thing is clear to me today if God Calls He will do and He has called us into His kingdom and His glory so let us work hard to toward that kingdom and toward His glory and enjoy His calling.

No comments: